- About Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
- BBS Course Time of Completion
- BBS Course Fee in Nepal
- Eligibility Criteria (Requirements) for Admission in BBS Course
- Subjects in Bachelor of Business Studies
- BBS 4th Year Subjects Concentration Areas
- Objectives of Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
- Frequently Asked Questions About Bachelor of Business Studies
About Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
The Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) course is a four years bachelor degree course. BBS course is offered in Nepal by Tribhuvan University, Faculty of Management.
BBS is yearly exam based academic course. After completion of this program, students will have specialization in General Management, Marketing Management, Financial Management and Accountancy.
BBS Course Time of Completion
BBS course is yearly exam based course. It is a 4 years bachelor degree course (if you complete regularly). However, it is not compulsory to complete within 4 years. You can complete the course within 7 years of admitted education year.
BBS Course Fee in Nepal
The average fee for BBS course in Nepal is NPR 30,000 per year
The total fee for the completion of the BBS course vary depending upon the colleges. Normally it ranges from NPR 10,000 to NPR 50,000 per year.
This is a tentative figure and doesn’t match in every colleges. Depending upon fee and colleges, you may have to pay extra for study materials and other necessary fees.
Eligibility Criteria (Requirements) for Admission in BBS Course
The candidate applying for admission to the BBS programme should have the following criteria:
- Must have successfully completed the 10+2 in business/ commerce or an equivalent course from a Higher Secondary School Board or from Tribhuvan University or from other University/ Board recognized by T.U or must have studied mathematics or economics as a full paper at the 10+2 programme.
- Must have studied English as a full paper at the 10+2 or equivalent programme.
- Must have secured the minimum marks at the 10+2 or equivalent programme as prescribed by the Faculty Board or campus concerned.
Minimum Grade Requirement for BBS course
The minimum grade required to enroll BBS programme is D+ (1.8 CGPA). This is equivalent to second division i.e at least 45% in +2 or equivalent.
Subjects in Bachelor of Business Studies
The followings are the subjects of Bachelor of Business Studies.
BBS 1st Year Subjects
The purpose of the first year programme is to build a strong foundation in students to prepare them to comprehend the business concepts, theories and practices. The first year programme is organized into the following compulsory and core courses:
|BBS 1st Year Subjects||Subject Codes||Full Marks|
|Business English||MGT 201||100|
|Business Statistics||MGT 202||100|
|Accounting for Financial Analysis||MGT 211||100|
|Principles of Management||MGT 213||100|
BBS 2nd Year Subjects
The purpose of the second year programme is to provide basic concepts, tools and understanding of the foundation and core courses. The foundations courses are required to develop understand business practices. The core courses provide essentials of learning which are basic in the broad area of business studies. The second-year programme is therefore organized into the following core and compulsory courses:
|BBS 2nd Year Subjects||Subjects Code||Marks|
|Business Communication||MGT 205||100|
|Cost and Management Accounting||MGT 212||100|
|Fundamentals of Marketing||MGT 214||100|
|Foundations of Human Resource Management||MGT 216||100|
BBS 3rd Year Subjects
The purpose of the third year programme is to provide basic concepts, tools and understanding of the fundamentals of business studies. The core courses provide essentials of learning which are basic to understand broader area of business studies. The third programme is therefore organized into the following core and compulsory courses:
|BBS 3rd Year Subjects||Subjects Code||Marks|
|Business Law||MGT 204||100|
|Fundamentals of Financial Management||MGT 215||100|
|Business Environment and Strategy||MGT 217||100|
|Taxation and Auditing||MGT 218||100|
|Organizational Behavior||MGT 219||100|
BBS 4th Year Subjects
In fourth year, the students are encouraged to focus on a particular functional and concentration area of business studies.
TU offers 4 streams/ concentration each including a group of 5 subjects. You can first decide one concentration out of the 4. Then you can choose 3 subjects out of the 5 subjects in that concentrations.
|BBS 4th Year Subjects||Subjects Code||Marks|
|Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development||MGT 220||100|
|Concentration Subject I||100|
|Concentration subject II||100|
|Concentration subject III||100|
|Business Research Methods||MGT 221||50|
|Final Project||MGT 401||50|
BBS 4th Year Subjects Concentration Areas
Faculty of Management offers the 4 concentrations. They are Accounting, Finance, Marketing and Management.
- ACC 250: Accounting for Banking
- ACC 251: Accounting for Business
- ACC 252: Advanced Financial Accounting
- ACC 253: Advance Auditing
- ACC 254: Budgeting and Controlling of Profit
- FIN 250: Fundamentals of Corporate Finance
- FIN 251: Commercial Bank Management
- FIN 252: Foundations of Financial Institutions and Markets
- FIN 253: Fundamentals of Investment
- FIN 254: Insurance and Risk Management
- MKT 250: Fundamentals of Selling
- MKT 251: Customer Relationship Management
- MKT 252: Foreign Trade and Export Management in Nepal
- MKT 253: Fundamentals of Advertising
- MKT 254: Fundamentals of Services Marketing
- MGT 250: Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- MGT 251: International Business
- MGT 252: Management of Industrial Relations
- MGT 253: Productivity Management
- MGT 254: Quality Management
Objectives of Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
The objective of the BBS programme is to develop students into competent managers for any sector of business and organized activity.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bachelor of Business Studies
What is the time of BBS course?
BBS is currently a 4 years Bachelor degree course. Previously, it was a 3 years course. You can finish the course within 7 years from the admission year.
What is the minimum grade required for admission in BBS course in Nepal?
The minimum grade required to enroll BBS course in Nepal is D+. This is equivalent to 1.8 CGPA or 45% in +2 or equivalent.
What is the average fee for BBS course?
The average fee is around NPR 25,000 to 30,000 per year in private colleges. If you choose Government colleges, you can make it around NPR 15000 or below.
Is BBS course hard?
No. BBS course is not the hard to pass. It is the easiest course in Nepal after doing +2 in management.
The syllabus covers a wide range, but due to easy examination structure and questions picking up method, it is easy to complete.